Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm baaaaaack


Not as scary as that Spielberg flick, but just as awesome. I have come back to Veganism after a foray into the land-o-burgers. I'm sick of feeling sick, and so, I have made some soup :)


Here are the get-healthy ingredients:

1/2 cup miso (I chose red)
1/4 cup tamari
8 cups veggie stock (or water is fine)
1 diced onion
1 diced orange pepper (or any pepper you want)
1 head shredded nappa cabbage
2 types of mushrooms (I used cremini and enoi)
shanghai noodles (the ones from the fridge)
1 pk. medium soft tofu
1 bunch sliced scallions
2 tbsp diced ginger
3 cloves garlic (diced)
dulse (or any other sea veggie)
cilantro (to your heart's content)
juice from 1 lime

1. saute garlic, ginger and onion in oil over medium heat.
2. add pepper, mushrooms, and stir for a bit, until softened a little.
3. add napa cabbage, and continue to saute.
4. stir in miso and tamari.
5. add sea veggie, stock or water and bring to a boil.
6. add lime juice.
7. add noodles, boil for 3 minutes.
8. bring down temperature, add tofu, let simmer for 3 more minutes.
9. add scallions and cilantro.

Now, don't you feel better already?

No comments:

Post a Comment